----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Friday 20 May 2011

2009 Slippery Fish Chardonnay

2009 slippery fish chardonnay.

$2.50 from First Choice. Courtesy of Andy, see other Slippery Fish Cabernet Merlot review.

Now, I don't want to set the tone for this bottle too soon in the review, but the best thing about it is the colour. It actually looks like wine, but then so does pee.
The label says chardonnay but there is no distinguishable chardonnay qualities.
This wine creeps me out. Big oily mouth feel yet no actual wine flavour. Ironically, the most dominant character is the alcohol.. Which is quite low at 12.5%.
The finish can only be described as evil, I can actually feel this burning my throat.
I had to pause this blog to clear the phlegm from my throat... there might be some pineapple and dried oregano... Not a great combo.

28 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.