----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Tuesday 3 May 2011

2006 Sansilvestro Patres Barolo

2006 Sansilvestro patres barolo
$60
I sat down to try this one at Tiamo II on Lygon St (Melbourne) which is a great authentic resaurant.  Staff don't speak much english but the food is great!  So I asked for a glass for the barolo and the waiter went off to get a "tumbler"... I think they thought I was Italian... As he walked away I noticed he was showing the bottle to other waiters, they must have recognised it or something.
Needless to say I didn't finish the bottle and hoped to take about $20 worth of wine away with me... I didn't count on the prompt clearup staff.  When the waiter tracked it down he laughed and said "they never clear when we need them to..."

This is my first barolo.
This is a big one! Rich crimson, translucent.
Musty and earthy, ripe cherries with medium spice notes.
Huge flavour, very big dry mouth feel. Sour cherries and cranberries which turn into pezz or lolly bracelets mid palate. Hints of annaseed.
Beautiful long savoury finish.
This wine is delicious but probably too big and dry for most people. Red lovers could have it straight up but most will prefer it will a good pasta. Quality all the way through.
90 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.