----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Monday 9 May 2011

2008 pepper tree venus block chardonnay

2008 pepper tree venus block chardonnay.

$25

pepper tree was overall the best cellar door I visited in the hunter valley. Not because of the manicured gardens or the awesome building but actually the wines were consistently good from top to bottom. Quality.

straight off the bat, this is my kind of chardy. nice blend of stone fruit and oak on the nose. Ripe yellow pear too.
medium bodied.
good complexity and balanced oak make it very enticing and a super match to pork belly. not too dry and a slightly oily finish.

It could sit for a couple of years but I wouldn't bother. I like it...

78 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.