----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Wednesday 11 May 2011

2002 Blue Pyrenees Reserve Red

2002 Blue Pyrenees Reserve Red

Gift from Craig and Tanya for my birthday 2008.

Cab sauv 62% shiraz 33% merlot and cab franc 5%.
Great nose, dark chocolate and leather. black currant and licourish too. AND hints of marzipan!

Thick and inky with a light red rim.

After 9 years it still tastes quite green and herby. Blue berries and black cherries. Definite ribina action. Tobacco and dark chocolate too.

Very dry finish and needs to be open and rest.
This is an interesting one. It could sit for a few more years but was great to try now. It got a hiding from the big guys but I give it...

74 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.