----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Tuesday 9 August 2011

2010 Tulloch Vineyard Selection Verdelho


2010 Tulloch Vineyard Selection Verdelho

$20 only available at the cellar door

Hunter Valley

In a phrase, "more than your average Verdy"... 
Darker than average, yellow/straw tones. 
Fuller than your average, interesting whirlpool when swirled.
Richer than your average, yellow peach and pear flesh and a little pineapple.
More sensible and balanced than your average.  A little acid sizzle, a little residual sugar, a little minerality = a lot interesting.

A nice dry white for a bbq without the sourness of a Sauvignon Blanc.  It doesn't excite me but I "get it" and can recommend to others.

70 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.