----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Wednesday 20 July 2011

Robinson family winery mystery bottle!

Robinson family winery mystery bottle

$5

According to Heather (Mrs.Robinson) this bottle was found at the bottom of the cellar a couple of years ago.
No label
No worries
They were thrown into a pot luck barrel at the front of the cellar door with a label of $5 each. I can't resist a challenge so I bought 3! Heather recognized this bottle as the shape from the 1992 or 1993 Cabernet Sauvignon.

Fingers crossed.

Have a look at the cork, almost soaked all the way through.

Rich red colour and slightly closet.
Plenty of roast capsicum action, sour cherries, leather, biscotti, oregano, chicken fat(?) and a tablespoon of dirt.

Something crazy happens when tasting. If I swirl it it seems to lose a lot of the richness and depth and becomes quite mellow and gutless. Roast capsicum, oregano, sour cherries, traces of leather and dark chocolate.

Perfect drinking now.

For $5, I can't give this less than 90 points.

Do yourself a favor and go to Robinson family winery and buy the rest!! Go now or may God have mercy on your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.