----Ratings-----

----Ratings----
0-50 pts. Below Par, false advertising
60 pts. Ok, I wouldn’t buy again
70 pts. Good wine, I would buy this again
80 pts. I like it. Strongly recommended
90 pts. Amazing!


Friday 24 June 2011

2009 Wild Rock Pinot Noir


2009 Wild Rock Pinot Noir


$22


Central otago


I have to say that this is my favorite Pinot noir region alongside Yarra valley, so I find the style really approachable. Not for everyone as my Belgium friend reminds me that not much good comes out of new Zealand. That aside, I love this style and it is easy to know why after a glass on a cool afternoon.


First pass gives you a slightly smokey yet jammy nose. When allowed to breathe and relax, there is dried strawberries, dark chocolate and subtle spice (cinnamon and aniseed).


Now for how it tastes... Fills the mouth with balanced fruit and savoriness. Strawberries, leather, dark chocolate, black pepper and some black currant.


This is not a lazy light Pinot, it challenges and show amazing depth and quality.


One of my bargain favorites.


90 points

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.